If you are searching for quality EMG Testing on Long Island, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation of Long Island is here for your assistance. For patients who are experiencing symptoms of muscular disorders, an EMG test can help to properly diagnose your condition. Upon initial diagnosis, we then proceed to provide treatment for our patients with our pain management specialists. Our physicians will work with you to help aid your recovery, and will involve you in a specialized rehabilitation program should that be necessary for your muscular disorder. If interested in learning more, please contact PMRofLI for further assistance. Our staff has diagnosed and treated muscular disorders throughout our existence.
Occasionally referred to as muscular dystrophy, there is an abundance of muscular disorders that patients may experience. Examples of these may include the following:
- Inflammatory Myopathies
- Polymyositis – characterized by progressive weakness and inflammation of the skeletal muscles.
- Dermatomyositis – this includes the symptoms of Polymyositis, but it also includes skin rash.
- Inclusion body myositis – this can be characterized by progressive muscle weakness and wasting.
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Affects the muscle fibers by weakening them.
- Metabolic Muscle Disorders
- This impedes the chemical reactions that are involved in absorbing energy that is obtained from consumption.
- Neuromuscular Junction Disorder
- This obstructs the transmission of nerve signals to certain muscle groups.
Symptoms of Muscular Disorders
Depending upon your condition, patients may experience a variety of unique symptoms. However, some general symptoms that are often experienced as a result of muscular dystrophy may include some of the following:
- Muscle weakness.
- Abnormal fatigue with activity.
- Muscle spasms, twitching, or cramping.
- Symptoms for neuromuscular disorders include:
- Drooping eyelids.
- Double vision.
- Slurred speech.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Occasionally, difficulty breathing.
Treatment of Muscular Disorders
Electromyography or an EMG test is the most common tool for diagnosing muscular disorders. By stimulating nerves and recording responses, an EMG test helps characterize the causes of nerve and muscle disorders. Muscle or nerves biopsies are rarely needed to diagnose certain muscle disorders. EMG testing on Long Island is one of the most favorable and satisfactory methods for properly diagnosing your nerve or muscular disorders.
EMG Testing on Long Island
At PMRofLI, we specialize in EMG Testing on Long Island and take pride in reassuring our patients that they are accurately diagnosed for the condition that ails them. Along with a proper diagnosis, our primary goal is to give you the treatment that corresponds with the muscular disorder you are suffering from. Contact our office today to receive EMG Testing on Long Island and allow us to help you get the treatment you need!Leave a reply →