If you or someone you know suffers from various chronic pains and is searching for a pain management doctor in Suffolk County, Dr. Rai at Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of Long Island offers osteopathic manipulation to treat numerous ailments. Contact us today for more information!
What is Osteopathic Manipulation?
An osteopathic manipulation is a form of treatment where a trained doctor uses different techniques to move and manipulate muscles and joints to help alleviate tension and pain. To properly perform this treatment, a doctor must be specially trained in the musculoskeletal system. This system is the complex relationship between nerves, muscles, and bones. Treatment can be used to help prevent surgery (potentially) or compliment the use of medications. An osteopathic manipulation is a great option for anyone experiencing muscle aches or pains. If you are looking for a pain management doctor in Suffolk County, then schedule an appointment today with Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of Long Island! Our staff can provide this service for various pain management needs.
Uses For Osteopathic Manipulation
An osteopathic manipulation is an option for treating an assortment of major medical conditions, in addition to ordinary muscle aches and pains. Our pain management doctor in Suffolk County can use an osteopathic manipulation to treat some of the following ailments:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Menstrual cramps.
- Sinus issues.
- Muscle ruptures.
- Knee problems.
- Shoulder problems.
- Neck pain.
With repetitive treatments from a properly trained doctor, you should experience an array of benefits when receiving an osteopathic manipulation. Some of these benefits may include:
- Relieve tension or misalignment in joints and muscles.
- Restore balance to muscle and tissue.
- Promotes blood flow throughout the body.
- Potentially relieves any abnormalities in tissue.
- Pressure application – the soft tissue is massaged and manipulated to increase blood flow and relieve tension.
- Release of muscle energy – this involves moving the muscle in a specific direction and applying opposing external pressure to help release energy within the muscles which can help alleviate tension and pain.
- Myofascial Release – Using gentle pressure to alleviate tension in tissue that surrounds bones, organs, and muscles.
- Cranial Manipulation- applying pressure to specific areas of the skull to help the patient feel more relaxed and enhance their healing potential.
Do You Need A Pain Management Doctor in Suffolk County?
If you are experiencing any muscular aches and pains and would like to find ways to manage or relieve yourself from this discomfort than the doctors at Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of Long Island are here to help you! We have been voted one of the best pain management physicians on Long Island so you can rely on us to correctly diagnose your ailments and help you get better with proper treatment. If you would like to schedule an appointment with our pain management doctor in Suffolk County to call us at (631) 300-0797 or contact us through our website!Leave a reply →